Former Nairobi gubernatorial candidate Miguna Miguna on Saturday disclosed National Super Alliance (NASA's) leader Raila Odinga's biggest mistake.
According to Dr Miguna, Odinga's mistake was to reject a plan to have him sworn in as president on Tuesday, November 28.
This comes after the NASA leader opposed the plan to have a parallel swearing-in ceremony the same day President Uhuru Kenyatta is set to take the oath for a second term in office.
[caption caption="Miguna Miguna's tweet"][/caption]
He allegedly rejected the plan during a meeting by NASA leaders at the Maanzoni Lodge in Machakos county on Saturday.
According to Raila, the plan to declare him president would taint his international image and respect for the law and constitution.
During the meeting, it emerged that the NASA leaders were divided over the plan to swear in the former Prime Minister.
A section of NASA leaders including Dr Miguna wanted Odinga to be sworn in on Tuesday at a ceremony at Uhuru Park grounds.
However, another group stated that it would hold an event on the same day at Jacaranda Grounds to mourn people allegedly killed by Police.
The NASA leaders nonetheless, maintained that they would not recognize Uhuru's presidency adding that the opposition will continue pushing for electoral and government inclusion through the convention of People's Assemblies.
[caption caption="Miguna Miguna with other NRM leaders"][/caption]
- sad!25 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Chaos25 September 2020 - 4:35 pm
- fire25 September 2020 - 4:06 pm
- Uproar25 September 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new directive25 September 2020 - 2:14 pm
- in the cold25 September 2020 - 1:52 pm
- Congrats!25 September 2020 - 12:59 pm
- exquisite25 September 2020 - 12:53 pm
- stay woke25 September 2020 - 11:57 am
- Power play25 September 2020 - 11:30 am
- barricaded25 September 2020 - 11:24 am
- Infuriated25 September 2020 - 10:27 am