New details have emerged of how Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) officials altered election results in Ukambani region.
On Monday, during an election petition filed by Former Yatta MP Francis Mwangangi challenging the election of Charles Kilonzo, a Machakos high court heard how results were changed at the constituency tallying centre.
Chama Cha Uzalendo chief agent Samuel Mulei told Justice Aggrey Muchelule that he witnessed the IEBC officials altering the election forms at Kithimani tallying centre.
"I found forms being altered at the tallying centre. There were a few people. I was with one of the witnesses who has sworn an affidavit," Mr Mulei explained.
[caption caption=" Former Yatta MP Francis Mwangangi testifying in court"][/caption]
He added that CCU agents were not allowed in some polling stations and hence could not perform their duties.
Mr Mulei stated that he did not sign some of the forms revealing that he was denied permission to transmit the results.
Additionally, Mr Mwangangi through his lawyer Andrew Makundi requested to be shown the polling station diaries which would reveal what really transpired at the stations.
The court adjourned to allow the parties time to access the diaries and KIEMS kit.
When contacted by Kenyans.co.ke on Monday evening, Mr Mwangangi confirmed that they were examining the kits at the stations.
The Case will resume on Wednesday.
[caption caption="File image of Charles Kilonzo"][/caption]
Earlier on Monday, two Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) returning officers admitted to errors in the final results of the Kisii governorship race.
Sidney Namulungu and Moses Daula argued that the errors did not affect the final outcome.
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am
- Damage Control26 September 2022 - 7:47 am
- Orders26 September 2022 - 7:19 am
- Sad25 September 2022 - 8:03 pm
- Terror25 September 2022 - 5:42 pm
- Defiant25 September 2022 - 6:39 pm
- Goodbye25 September 2022 - 4:23 pm
- Tragic25 September 2022 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed25 September 2022 - 3:05 pm
- Financial Security25 September 2022 - 2:40 pm
- Nothing But Prayer25 September 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Heartbreaking25 September 2022 - 1:39 pm