National Super Alliance (NASA) leader Raila Odinga on Tuesday announced that he will be sworn in as President on 12th December.
Addressing supporters at Manyanja road, he stated that he will be sworn in by the People's Assembly.
Mr Odinga pointed out that he will be sworn in using the first chapter of the constitution on peoples sovereignty.
"The ceremony will take place on December 12 and every detail of the whole process will be communicated" the NASA leader noted.
[caption caption="Raila Odinga taking an oath of office"][/caption]
The former Prime Minister noted that there will be a peaceful transition of power.
Mr Odinga reiterated that President Kenyatta is not the legitimate head of state adding that he will be sworn in the same way Zimbabwe President Emmerson Mnangagwa was inaugurated.
"Uhuru Kenyatta is not the President of Kenya. We will not be sworn-in like Ugandan Opposition leader Kizza Besigye. We will be sworn-in like it was done with Mnangagwa in Zimbabwe," he conveyed.
His address was cut short by Police officers who lobbed teargas, thus disrupting NASA supporters present at the rally.
[caption caption="Raila Odinga addressing supporters at Jamhuri grounds"][/caption]
- Inspiring30 September 2022 - 6:32 pm
- redundancy30 September 2022 - 6:02 pm
- OPPORTUNITY30 September 2022 - 7:07 pm
- Orders30 September 2022 - 5:09 pm
- Goodbye30 September 2022 - 4:48 pm
- Changes30 September 2022 - 4:22 pm
- New TV30 September 2022 - 5:03 pm
- Review30 September 2022 - 3:46 pm
- investigate30 September 2022 - 3:27 pm
- Battle30 September 2022 - 5:23 pm
- Drama30 September 2022 - 5:29 pm
- Demand30 September 2022 - 2:22 pm