Seven people were on Saturday morning killed and several others injured in a fatal road accident along the Nairobi-Mombasa highway.
Confirming the incident, Makueni County Commissioner Mohammed Maalim stated that the accident occurred in Sultan Hamud involving a hearse and a trailer.
[caption caption="photos from the scene of the accident"][/caption]
"Those who sustained injuries have been rushed to various hospitals in the region," he stated on Saturday.
Mr Maalim told reporters that the cause of the accident had not been established as investigations were yet be conducted.
He urged road users to adhere to traffic rules to avoid accidents.
The deceased were taken to Machakos Level Five hospital mortuary.
The number of accidents has been on the rise with the festive season.
Last week, ten people died after being involved in a tragic accident along the busy Nakuru-Eldoret highway.
The accident occurred at Makutano area after a matatu and lorry collided.
According to the Standard, a Rift Valley Traffic Enforcement Officer noted that the accident happened when the matatu tried to overtake before slamming head-on with the oncoming lorry.accident died fatal killed
- Mysterious Fire20 October 2021 - 8:23 am
- Take Action20 October 2021 - 7:33 am
- Triumphant Entry19 October 2021 - 7:54 pm
- REVOKED19 October 2021 - 7:40 pm
- revealed19 October 2021 - 7:18 pm
- Ambitious19 October 2021 - 6:59 pm
- New Direction19 October 2021 - 6:08 pm
- Intervened19 October 2021 - 6:19 pm
- Shame19 October 2021 - 6:38 pm
- Revelations19 October 2021 - 5:31 pm
- on condition19 October 2021 - 5:25 pm
- Be Vigilant19 October 2021 - 5:35 pm