[caption caption="Murang'a MCAs outside County Assembly offices"][/caption]Murang'a Members of County Assembly MCAs on Friday engaged in a fist fight after it emerged that some of the ward representatives allegedly plotted to impeach majority leader Eric Kamande, Chief Whip Simon Wamwea and deputy Chief Whip Ruth Wambui.
The fight erupted during a meeting organized by Jubilee Party chairman Simon Gikuru whose agenda was reported to discuss the removal of the three officials.
According to the sources who sought anonymity, the MCAs linked to the three officials were intentionally locked out of the meeting.
On returning, the ward representatives demanded to know why they had been locked out, a situation that angered the MCAs who launched the fight.
[caption caption="MCA Nahashon Gachuhi"][/caption]
"When we asked why they locked us out, they ganged up and beat us up," one MCA stated.
Gatanga MCA Nahashon Gachuhi sustained injuries on the head and was rushed to Aga Khan Hospital.
A Jubilee official Charles Muthoni also sustained neck and head injuries after he was hit with a piece of metal.
While speaking in his hospital bed, he stated that some of the 28 ward representatives in the meeting hired youths to attack them.
"There were only three of us, so we did not stand a chance," he stated.
[caption caption="The MCAs during the altercation"][/caption]
Nonetheless, the chairman refuted the claims that a fight erupted adding that the three victims stirred riots during the meeting and were ejected by security officers.
- surrender12 August 2020 - 8:18 pm
- road carnage12 August 2020 - 8:14 pm
- boost12 August 2020 - 7:11 pm
- painful12 August 2020 - 7:10 pm
- no more patience12 August 2020 - 6:41 pm
- all angles12 August 2020 - 6:23 pm
- Nabbed12 August 2020 - 5:56 pm
- big man bazu12 August 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Gikomba Chaos12 August 2020 - 5:33 pm
- pimp my ride12 August 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Strength of a Woman12 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- loading12 August 2020 - 3:58 pm