One of the riders in Deputy President William Ruto's motorcade lost his life on Saturday morning after a tragic road accident.
The motorcycle outrider was part of the DP's motorcade that was heading to a funeral in Githunguri, Kiambu County.
Reports indicate that DP Ruto was not harmed during the tragic accident.
[caption caption="File image of DP William Ruto"][/caption]
Initial reports indicated that the rider lost control of his bike along the Wangari Maathai road in Nairobi leading to a crash that ended his life.
A lorry driver was recently arrested after obstructing the way for the deputy president's motorcade in Machakos county.
Members of Mr Ruto's escort team are selected from the prestigious presidential escort unit.
A mishap was witnessed on Thursday after a member of President Uhuru Kenyatta's team was caught on camera in momentary as the President was alighting from his vehicle.
The guard assigned to hold the door for President Kenyatta got sloppy and let the car door hit the President, causing him to lose stability.
The President had just arrived to meet President Jacob Zuma during his State trip to South Africa where he also met with ANC party leader Cyril Ramaphosa.
[caption caption="Police inspect scene where DP Ruto's outrider lost his life in an accident"][/caption]
1:19 p.m: This story was updated to include that DP Ruto proceeded with his trip after the accident.
- unique15 April 2021 - 10:53 am
- Beware15 April 2021 - 9:27 am
- cache of weapons15 April 2021 - 8:32 am
- Relief15 April 2021 - 8:25 am
- Implicated15 April 2021 - 7:45 am
- hope15 April 2021 - 7:23 am
- dangerous14 April 2021 - 7:33 pm
- this is why14 April 2021 - 7:24 pm
- Scaling Heights14 April 2021 - 7:44 pm
- Remarkable14 April 2021 - 6:57 pm
- easy money14 April 2021 - 5:07 pm
- good news14 April 2021 - 5:00 pm