Former Nominated Senator Joy Gwendo was arrested on Friday afternoon by the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC).
Ms Gwendo was apprehended over abuse of office charges.
She was held at the Integrity Centre as she was being processed for court.
The former Senator was eventually released on bail before and will appear in court on Monday.
Ms Gwendo was arrested following orders from the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) who was investigating her.
[caption caption="Joy Gwendo (Right)"][/caption]
She was under probe for stealing, issuing a bad cheque and abuse of office in respect of Sh2.2 Million belonging to members of a cooperative society in Kisumu.
She allegedly commiteed this offences between October and November 2016.
Joy Gwendo was nominated to the Senate through The National Alliance (TNA) which eventually merged to form Jubilee Party.
During the August election, he unsuccesfully vied for the Kisumu East parliamentary seat on a Jubilee ticket.
He lost to incumbent Shakeel Shabbir who vied as an independent candidate.
[caption caption="Joy Gwendo at a previous event"][/caption]
Meanwhile, Embakasi East Member of Parliament Babu Owino has been arrested by flying squad officers outside Parliament buildings.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) MP stated that he was being held at Parklands Police Station.
He added that he was questioned over a recent incident in Westlands where he allegedly assaulted a parking attendant.abuse steal arrest probe
- Exposed23 March 2023 - 7:46 pm
- Clampdown23 March 2023 - 7:38 pm
- new role23 March 2023 - 7:19 pm
- light moment23 March 2023 - 7:34 pm
- Explained23 March 2023 - 7:32 pm
- mORTGAGE23 March 2023 - 6:46 pm
- Impressive23 March 2023 - 7:11 pm
- RE-ORGANISED23 March 2023 - 7:22 pm
- Puzzling23 March 2023 - 7:02 pm
- Revealed23 March 2023 - 6:33 pm
- By a whisker23 March 2023 - 6:21 pm
- CHALLENGED23 March 2023 - 6:00 pm