Embakasi East Member of Parliament Babu Owino has been arrested by flying squad officers outside Parliament buildings.
He added that he was questioned over a recent incident in Westlands where he allegedly assaulted a parking attendant.
Babu Owino stated that his arrest was part of Jubilee propaganda to taint his image.
[caption caption="File image of Babu Owino"][/caption]
"They want to damage my image because they see me as a threat to becoming the Nairobi Governor in 2022," he recently told Kenyans.co.ke on the phone.
Earlier in the week, a video clip emerged showing the ODM legislator's bodyguards roughing up a parking attendant at Fortis Plaza in Westlands.
The CCTV footage dated January 11 alleged that the vocal MP refused to pay the parking fee and later harassed the parking attendant.
The 1 min 30 seconds clip shows the aides alighting a vehicle and attacking the defenseless attendant who tried to question their actions.
The first-time legislator has made headlines with his controversial actions.
Earlier last year, he was involved in a fistfight with Starehe MP Charles Ngajua Kanyi at Parliament buildings.
This was after he was arrested and later released for allegedly insulting President Uhuru Kenyatta.
[caption caption="File image of Babu Owino addressing his supporters"][/caption]
- Get Out21 October 2020 - 5:49 pm
- taking chances21 October 2020 - 6:04 pm
- emergency21 October 2020 - 6:17 pm
- counterpunch21 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- On the hunt21 October 2020 - 4:57 pm
- latest report21 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- angered21 October 2020 - 4:16 pm
- indecisive21 October 2020 - 4:26 pm
- tough tines21 October 2020 - 3:29 pm
- My Cup of Tea21 October 2020 - 4:03 pm
- no way through21 October 2020 - 3:37 pm
- trouble21 October 2020 - 2:48 pm