NASA Will Split Before 2022- Boni Khalwale
Former Kakamega Senator Boni Khalwale on Sunday predicted the disengagement of National Super Alliance (NASA) before the 2022 General election.
The FORD Kenya Deputy leader stated that based on the history of Kenya's political coalitions, the Raila Odinga led team is likely to disintegrate before the next election.
"First and foremost, the history of political coalitions in our country is such that they keep reinventing themselves by joining new partnerships ahead of the next polls.
"Similarly, I do not see the possibility of NASA participating in the 2022 elections in its current formation and with the same name,” he stated.
[caption caption="Junet Mohammed,Raila Odinga and Boni Khalwale"][/caption]
Mr Khalwale further maintained that the issue of dialogue with Jubilee Party and the swearing in of Odinga had not been unanimously agreed upon.
“My position is that dialogue is better than the swearing-in option.
"The Jubilee administration has not said ‘no’ to dialogue, but rather there are those among us who are saying they do not want dialogue,” he explained.
His remarks come at the end of a week of multiple meetings by NASA principals who denied any divisions in the coalition.
[caption caption="Boni Khalwale and other NASA leaders"][/caption]
- October 19, 2018 - 8:14 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 7:13 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 6:14 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 5:47 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 5:07 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 5:27 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 4:15 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 4:13 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 4:12 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 3:38 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 3:15 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 2:19 pm