The school Headteacher, Mr Mathew Chomil, told reporters that the laptops issued by the government could not be used by the pupils due to lack of basic facilities.
Mr Chomil revealed that the Pokot South constituency school has electricity but lacks desks, permanent buildings and toilets.
"We have been forced to lock the 36 gadgets in a cupboard since we cannot expose them to dust. Moreover, how will the pupils operate laptops without desks?" he questioned.
[caption caption="File image of President Uhuru Kenyatta at a classroom while distributing government tablets"][/caption]
The Standard reports that the school has three incomplete classrooms and two mud-walled classrooms, one of which acts as the Standard Seven class and the staff room.
"Standard Seven and Six, Five and Four share classes. Standard Three and Two also share their classrooms while all lower primary pupils learn under trees," the Headteacher explained.
He also outlined that the school was started in 2008 and currently has 200 pupils, however, the Teachers' Service Commission (TSC) only sent two teachers.
"Most parents are poor and cannot afford to pay teachers. The Government our school when hiring teachers," one parent, Mr Leonard Linokou told reporters.
Governor John Lonyangapuo argued that his administration had disbursed the Constituency Development Fund (CDF) to the various members of parliament and it was, therefore, their responsibility to take care of the constituents.
"The MPs should distribute the funds without bias. All schools deserve the funds," he stated.
Pokot South MP David Pkosing rubbished the media report claiming to have already helped the needy school.
[caption caption="Pokot South MP David Pkossing"][/caption]
- Can't Take it28 February 2021 - 7:00 pm
- worrying28 February 2021 - 6:24 pm
- Take Note28 February 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Surge28 February 2021 - 4:55 pm
- deja vu28 February 2021 - 4:30 pm
- wrangles28 February 2021 - 5:23 pm
- Remarkable28 February 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Filicide28 February 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Intervention28 February 2021 - 3:35 pm
- match day28 February 2021 - 3:10 pm
- Unruly28 February 2021 - 2:23 pm
- Take Note28 February 2021 - 1:58 pm