He affirmed that the January 30 swearing-in will continue as scheduled adding that the Opposition will not be intimidated.
"We shall swear in Raila next week and he will visit Kericho on his first meet-the-people tour as the people’s President. You cannot threaten him with jail as he has been there before," Nation quoted Junet.
[caption caption="File image of MP Junet Mohammed and other leaders addressing the media"][/caption]
Addressing Deputy President William Ruto's chances in the 2022 presidential poll, the vocal legislator stated that the second in command should not expect support from the Mt Kenya region.
He noted that the DP will be betrayed adding that the deal to have Ruto take over the Presidency was just "a bunch of lies".
"Members of the Kalenjin community are banking on a bunch of lies and political promises from Mt Kenya region leaders. Political pledges do not hold in politics.
"Such agreements do not work in politics. It is in the history that Raila supported President Mwai Kibaki in 2002 but the central Kenya people did not keep their word.
"The only true promise is what Raila is promising Ruto now," Junet stated.
Meanwhile, Odinga, who was at the same funeral, noted that the DP cannot win the 2022 Presidency without his backing.
[caption caption="Raila Odinga, Junet Mohammed and other mourners at the funeral on Thursday"][/caption]
"Does Ruto think he can be a President without Raila? I can help him get there if he wants," he announced.
- Avoidable21 May 2022 - 5:51 pm
- Replaced21 May 2022 - 4:30 pm
- Explainer21 May 2022 - 5:01 pm
- Well Paying21 May 2022 - 3:59 pm
- Making Choices21 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Demands21 May 2022 - 2:05 pm
- Renounce21 May 2022 - 12:44 pm
- Music Wars21 May 2022 - 12:52 pm
- Stashed21 May 2022 - 11:43 am
- Dedicated21 May 2022 - 11:23 am
- Feud21 May 2022 - 9:41 am
- Calm Her Down21 May 2022 - 9:05 am