The National Super Alliance (NASA) principals are set to hold a crisis meeting in Karen, Nairobi following the media shutdown ahead of the swearing-in at Uhuru Park.
According to Citizen Digital, Wiper Party Leader Kalonzo Musyoka noted that the opposition leaders would meet following the shut down of media stations airing the coalition's event.
He explained that the principals were going to consult on the next step after private TV stations were taken off the air.
The former Vice President condemned the media shutdown, adding that it was unfair for the state to interfere with media freedom.
Addressing NASA supporters, Musyoka urged them to be calm and wait for direction from the party leadership.
[caption caption="Situation outside Kalonzo's Karen home"][/caption]
"We don't understand the panic. NASA supporters should remain calm
"No NASA supporter should carry out any act of violence. In fact, they should carry white handkerchiefs," he stated.
Reports indicate that Musyoka has left his home but it is still not clear where he is headed to.
Meanwhile, there was minimum activity at Opposition Leader Raila Odinga's home with no clear indication whether he was at the residence.
[caption caption="Situation outside Raila Odinga's Karen home"][/caption]
A section of NASA leaders have, however, arrived at Uhuru Park in readiness for the inauguration ceremony.
[caption caption="Situation at Uhuru Park, Nairobi"][/caption]
[caption caption="Mombasa NASA Leaders preparing for the inauguration"][/caption]violence
- Technicalities3 December 2022 - 3:11 pm
- Well Deserved3 December 2022 - 3:04 pm
- Accolades3 December 2022 - 2:20 pm
- Feted3 December 2022 - 1:40 pm
- Cautioned3 December 2022 - 1:54 pm
- STRIFE3 December 2022 - 1:29 pm
- WINNER3 December 2022 - 1:24 pm
- Illegal3 December 2022 - 2:17 pm
- Exciting3 December 2022 - 12:49 pm
- Crowned3 December 2022 - 12:32 pm
- Whip3 December 2022 - 11:54 am
- ACCIDENT3 December 2022 - 11:17 am