Three people died and three others sustained injuries on Saturday after a speeding Government vehicle rammed into a lorry belonging to Coca-Cola company.
The tragic crash occurred along Nyeri-Karatina road.
According to eyewitnesses, the state vehicle was speeding and the driver lost control before ramming into the lorry.
"The government car was moving at a fast speed, the driver lost control and ended up ramming into the Coca-Cola lorry," one witness revealed.
[caption caption="File image of an accident scene (Twitter)"][/caption]
The bodies of the deceased were moved to a morgue in Nyeri while the injured were rushed to the hospital for treatment.
The incident which took place at Kyaani area involved a pickup and a runaway vehicle.
Yatta police boss Edward Changach confirmed the accident adding that the pickup was headed to Mwingi when it collided head-on with another one.
"The accident occurred near Kyaani Primary School, a male passenger died on the spot while four others sustained serious injuries," Changach stated.
He added that the victims were rushed to Matuu Level Four Hospital for treatment.
[caption caption="File image (Twitter)"][/caption]accident died crash
- Stiff Competition21 May 2022 - 6:31 pm
- Avoidable21 May 2022 - 5:51 pm
- Replaced21 May 2022 - 4:30 pm
- Explainer21 May 2022 - 5:01 pm
- Well Paying21 May 2022 - 3:59 pm
- Making Choices21 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Demands21 May 2022 - 2:05 pm
- Renounce21 May 2022 - 12:44 pm
- Music Wars21 May 2022 - 12:52 pm
- Stashed21 May 2022 - 11:43 am
- Dedicated21 May 2022 - 11:23 am
- Feud21 May 2022 - 9:41 am