Three people died and three others sustained injuries on Saturday after a speeding Government vehicle rammed into a lorry belonging to Coca-Cola company.
The tragic crash occurred along Nyeri-Karatina road.
According to eyewitnesses, the state vehicle was speeding and the driver lost control before ramming into the lorry.
"The government car was moving at a fast speed, the driver lost control and ended up ramming into the Coca-Cola lorry," one witness revealed.
[caption caption="File image of an accident scene (Twitter)"][/caption]
The bodies of the deceased were moved to a morgue in Nyeri while the injured were rushed to the hospital for treatment.
The incident which took place at Kyaani area involved a pickup and a runaway vehicle.
Yatta police boss Edward Changach confirmed the accident adding that the pickup was headed to Mwingi when it collided head-on with another one.
"The accident occurred near Kyaani Primary School, a male passenger died on the spot while four others sustained serious injuries," Changach stated.
He added that the victims were rushed to Matuu Level Four Hospital for treatment.
[caption caption="File image (Twitter)"][/caption]
- Stance27 September 2020 - 5:20 pm
- out and about27 September 2020 - 5:07 pm
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- unveiled27 September 2020 - 2:16 pm
- Commendable27 September 2020 - 1:24 pm
- people power27 September 2020 - 11:34 am
- Costly Journey27 September 2020 - 11:37 am
- Outed27 September 2020 - 11:09 am
- battle27 September 2020 - 9:59 am