In a statement seen by Kenyans.co.ke, Waiguru noted: "A very unfortunate incident was witnessed in Kerugoya, Kirinyaga County during an official visit by His Excellency Deputy President William Ruto on April 6, 2018.
"On behalf of the people of Kirinyaga, I wish to convey my sincere apologies to His Excellency Deputy President William Ruto for the embarrassing incident witnessed on Friday and promise that such scenes will not happen again,” Waiguru expressed.
[caption caption="File image of Deputy President William Ruto and Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru"][/caption]
In her defense, the County boss mentioned: "A few goons hired by the County Women Representative Purity Ngirici and Andrew Ngirici made attempts to disrupt the meeting.”
Waiguru further stated that it was selfish of the politicians to disrupt a meeting aimed at bringing development in Kirinyaga and improving the living conditions of the people.
"This is an archaic style of politics that prides itself on ensuring the people remain in an impoverished state so that they can wholly depend on handouts from politicians. We cannot allow this kind of politics in Kirinyaga,” exclaimed the former Devolution CS.
However, Ms Ngirici denied Waiguru's claims further urging her to report the matter to the police.
The MP also called on the Council of Governor's deputy chairperson to present the evidence linking her to the heckling.
Ruto was on Friday in Kirinyaga commissioning the construction of several roads when the event was marred by heckling and shouting battles between supporters if Waiguru and Ngirici.
In his address, the DP condemned the incident, telling the leaders to desist from engaging in political battles and help Waiguru to achieve her agenda for the county.
[caption caption="File image of Kirinyaga Women Representative Purity Ngirici"][/caption]
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm