The government has revealed 21 names of individuals who allegedly conspired with the National Cereals and Produce Board officials in delivering ‘air’ to the boards silos.
Preliminary audit findings submitted to the Public Accounts Committee show that the traders supplied no maize to the silos despite documents from the board showing that they did so.
The report also shows that the tenderpreneurs earned at least Sh1.4 billion which was initially allocated as payment to maize farmers around the Rift region.
Crop Development Principal Secretary Richard Lesiyampe told the parliamentary committee that after conducting an internal investigation, they found out that the traders were not farmers officially registered in the region.
[caption caption="Crop Development CS Richard Lesiyampe"][/caption]
Among those in the list are Celestine Chepchirchir who received Sh397.2 million for allegedly supplying 226,000 bags of the maize to the Eldoret deport.
Stephen Kiprop Maiyo is said to have supplied 109,000 bags to the deport and received Sh191 million. He also allegedly supplied 32,000 bags to the Kisumu silos at a cost of Sh7 million.
Others in the list are Caroline Chepchumba who delivered 121,000 bags in Kisumu and received Sh216 million.
Eldoret and Kisumu depots also allegedly received 58,000 bags of maize at a price of 143.8 million.
Daniel Ng’etich is reported to have supplied 23,000 bags priced at Sh39.5 million.
[caption caption="NCPB logo"][/caption]
Others are John Tanui Kosgei (Sh10.2 million), Paul Kipgeyo Marus (Sh24.9 million), Anthony Kipngetich Chebii (Sh12.2 million), Alice Wanjuki Githaiga (Sh46.8 million) and Paul Kibichy Biego (Sh18 million).
- listening ear14 August 2020 - 6:21 pm
- narrowly14 August 2020 - 5:01 pm
- philanthropic14 August 2020 - 5:16 pm
- Another one14 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- new beginnings14 August 2020 - 3:24 pm
- update14 August 2020 - 3:33 pm
- heads rollling14 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- best of the best14 August 2020 - 2:45 pm
- No Chills!14 August 2020 - 2:01 pm
- pinching pennies14 August 2020 - 1:19 pm
- roughed up14 August 2020 - 1:29 pm
- triumphant14 August 2020 - 1:02 pm