A Five storey building under construction collapsed in Ruaka, Kiambu county on Monday, the Kenya Red Cross has confirmed.
Via a statement on their official Twitter account, the emergency response organization disclosed that one person was injured.
Reports indicate that the incident occurred near Ndenderu, off Limuru Road, some minutes to midnight.
[caption caption="Scenes from Ruaka town"][/caption]
Issuing an update, the Kenya Red Cross stated: "The trapped person rescued and rushed to Kenyatta National Hospital."
[caption caption="A police officer in front of the five-storey building that collapsed in Ruaka on Monday night. "][/caption]
The area experienced a blackout following the building collapse.
Earlier in March, a four-storey building collapsed in Ruai area.
The incident came one week after a five-storey building under construction collapsed in Juja, Kiambu County, following heavy rains.
Construction of the building began mid last year but it had been showing signs of collapse.
Several cracks were visible but the owner covered them up.
"We've had many incidents of stones falling from the building. Some cracks could be seen from outside," remarked resident James Kariuki.
[caption caption="The collapsed building in Ruaka"][/caption]
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm