A Five storey building under construction collapsed in Ruaka, Kiambu county on Monday, the Kenya Red Cross has confirmed.
Via a statement on their official Twitter account, the emergency response organization disclosed that one person was injured.
Reports indicate that the incident occurred near Ndenderu, off Limuru Road, some minutes to midnight.
[caption caption="Scenes from Ruaka town"][/caption]
Issuing an update, the Kenya Red Cross stated: "The trapped person rescued and rushed to Kenyatta National Hospital."
[caption caption="A police officer in front of the five-storey building that collapsed in Ruaka on Monday night. "][/caption]
The area experienced a blackout following the building collapse.
Earlier in March, a four-storey building collapsed in Ruai area.
The incident came one week after a five-storey building under construction collapsed in Juja, Kiambu County, following heavy rains.
Construction of the building began mid last year but it had been showing signs of collapse.
Several cracks were visible but the owner covered them up.
"We've had many incidents of stones falling from the building. Some cracks could be seen from outside," remarked resident James Kariuki.
[caption caption="The collapsed building in Ruaka"][/caption]
- Another Hurdle23 May 2022 - 8:21 am
- Questionable23 May 2022 - 7:55 am
- Trouble Maker23 May 2022 - 7:34 am
- Honored22 May 2022 - 7:48 pm
- Best pair22 May 2022 - 6:33 pm
- Listen Up22 May 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Concern22 May 2022 - 4:52 pm
- Honoured22 May 2022 - 4:20 pm
- Tough Penalties22 May 2022 - 3:14 pm
- political star22 May 2022 - 2:44 pm
- Inspirational22 May 2022 - 2:37 pm
- Innovation22 May 2022 - 1:42 pm