A Five storey building under construction collapsed in Ruaka, Kiambu county on Monday, the Kenya Red Cross has confirmed.
Via a statement on their official Twitter account, the emergency response organization disclosed that one person was injured.
Reports indicate that the incident occurred near Ndenderu, off Limuru Road, some minutes to midnight.
[caption caption="Scenes from Ruaka town"][/caption]
Issuing an update, the Kenya Red Cross stated: "The trapped person rescued and rushed to Kenyatta National Hospital."
[caption caption="A police officer in front of the five-storey building that collapsed in Ruaka on Monday night. "][/caption]
The area experienced a blackout following the building collapse.
Earlier in March, a four-storey building collapsed in Ruai area.
The incident came one week after a five-storey building under construction collapsed in Juja, Kiambu County, following heavy rains.
Construction of the building began mid last year but it had been showing signs of collapse.
Several cracks were visible but the owner covered them up.
"We've had many incidents of stones falling from the building. Some cracks could be seen from outside," remarked resident James Kariuki.
[caption caption="The collapsed building in Ruaka"][/caption]
- Bet & Win1 December 2021 - 6:15 pm
- HOLIDAY1 December 2021 - 6:33 pm
- ELEVATED1 December 2021 - 7:16 pm
- Puzzling1 December 2021 - 5:14 pm
- Gloves off1 December 2021 - 4:32 pm
- DIFFERS1 December 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Billionaires1 December 2021 - 4:12 pm
- BLASTED1 December 2021 - 4:37 pm
- Heartwarming1 December 2021 - 3:04 pm
- Blocked1 December 2021 - 2:56 pm
- Remarkable1 December 2021 - 2:07 pm
- Rough Patch1 December 2021 - 12:51 pm