3 Guards Die in Nairobi after Inhaling Carbon Monoxide Overnight

  • 3 guards reportedly died due to suffocation in Mukuru Kwa Njenga slums, Nairobi County after they spent the entire night in the generator room of a supermarket.

    The three guarding the supermarket on Saturday night, sought refuge in the room after unbearable cold during the late hours of the night.

    Embakasi OCPD Apolo Wanyonyi confirmed the incident to The Standard adding that there was a blackout on Saturday night, forcing the management to turn on the generator.

    Colleagues coming in for the day shift on Sunday morning came upon the bodies, alerting authorities.

    The bodies were taken to the city mortuary, as police launch investigations into the incident.

    Three guards suffocate in a generator room at a Nairobi supermarket http://t.co/OYBF3aD97p pic.twitter.com/66PyNl4mQl

    — The Standard Digital (@StandardKenya) May 24, 2015

    Carbon Monoxide Warning