3 guards reportedly died due to suffocation in Mukuru Kwa Njenga slums, Nairobi County after they spent the entire night in the generator room of a supermarket.
The three guarding the supermarket on Saturday night, sought refuge in the room after unbearable cold during the late hours of the night.
Embakasi OCPD Apolo Wanyonyi confirmed the incident to The Standard adding that there was a blackout on Saturday night, forcing the management to turn on the generator.
Colleagues coming in for the day shift on Sunday morning came upon the bodies, alerting authorities.
The bodies were taken to the city mortuary, as police launch investigations into the incident.
— The Standard Digital (@StandardKenya) May 24, 2015
- On the Spot17 May 2021 - 3:46 pm
- Revealed17 May 2021 - 4:18 pm
- Uber Posh17 May 2021 - 3:25 pm
- Big money play17 May 2021 - 2:44 pm
- Life Hack17 May 2021 - 12:51 pm
- Take note17 May 2021 - 11:36 am
- Opportunity17 May 2021 - 11:39 am
- Groundbreaking17 May 2021 - 10:41 am
- Notch Higher17 May 2021 - 9:43 am
- tragedy17 May 2021 - 8:47 am
- Concern17 May 2021 - 8:15 am
- relocation17 May 2021 - 7:18 am