3 guards reportedly died due to suffocation in Mukuru Kwa Njenga slums, Nairobi County after they spent the entire night in the generator room of a supermarket.
The three guarding the supermarket on Saturday night, sought refuge in the room after unbearable cold during the late hours of the night.
Embakasi OCPD Apolo Wanyonyi confirmed the incident to The Standard adding that there was a blackout on Saturday night, forcing the management to turn on the generator.
Colleagues coming in for the day shift on Sunday morning came upon the bodies, alerting authorities.
The bodies were taken to the city mortuary, as police launch investigations into the incident.
— The Standard Digital (@StandardKenya) May 24, 2015
- Cushioned24 November 2020 - 8:24 pm
- On the Spot24 November 2020 - 8:11 pm
- masterplan24 November 2020 - 7:39 pm
- costly24 November 2020 - 7:27 pm
- tension24 November 2020 - 7:57 pm
- Caught on Tape24 November 2020 - 7:18 pm
- it is on!24 November 2020 - 6:57 pm
- Stuck24 November 2020 - 6:25 pm
- Dire24 November 2020 - 6:43 pm
- Cost Cutting24 November 2020 - 5:12 pm
- Surge24 November 2020 - 3:45 pm
- admission24 November 2020 - 3:49 pm