Embakasi East MP Babu Owino's election win has been upheld.
The Court of Appeal on Friday dismissed High Court's decision to nullify his election noting that he was validly elected.
Speaking after the ruling, Babu commended his team of lawyers for their exemplary work and vowed to serve members of his constituency diligently.
[caption caption="Babu Owino"][/caption]
"I would tell my opponents to wake up and move on. I also invite them to come and help me serve the people of Embakasi.
"There is a time to lead and a time to be led…my opponents should respect those in power now so that when their time comes they can be respected too," he remarked.
The legislator further added: "TO GOD BE THE GLORY... THE PEOPLE OF EMBAKASI EAST HAVE WON."
The petitioner, Francis Mureithi, through his lawyer, however, stated that he would get a copy of the ruling and might consider going to the Supreme Court.
Babu’s August election was nullified in a ruling by Justice Joseph Kiplagat Sergon, who cited widespread errors.
Mureithi had successfully accused Babu of electoral malpractice.
The MP, on the other hand, maintained that during nullification, the judge ignored relevant and binding legal standards for the evaluation of evidence in election petitions and in so doing ascribed excessive weight to the irrelevant and weak evidence.
[caption caption="Francis Mureithi"][/caption]
- hotspot22 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Tragic22 September 2021 - 7:39 pm
- COMMUNITY ACT22 September 2021 - 7:00 pm
- GOODBYE22 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Take Note22 September 2021 - 6:10 pm
- HISTORIC22 September 2021 - 6:07 pm
- New Sightings22 September 2021 - 5:13 pm
- FETED22 September 2021 - 4:49 pm
- Presidential Assignment22 September 2021 - 4:45 pm
- SCHOLARSHIPS22 September 2021 - 3:50 pm
- accident22 September 2021 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed22 September 2021 - 3:06 pm