NTV Kiswahili news presenter Nimrod Taabu is reported to have resigned from the media house.
A source who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke revealed that the Swahili news anchor might be joining Citizen TV as a replacement for Kanze Dena who left the media house to join the Presidential Strategic Communications Unit (PSCU).
The 41-year-old journalist is well known for his mastery of Swahili and reporting skills which have seen him bloom while working with the Nation Media Group.
[caption caption="NTV Journalists Nimrod Taabu (left) and Jane Ngoiri (right)"][/caption]
Madowo's departure came just a day after eight columnists quit the Nation newspaper citing lack of editorial independence.
Before the dust could settle, popular news anchor Victoria Rubadiri also left the media house joining her former boss, Kaikai at Citizen TV and replacing Lillian Muli who left for maternity leave.
The exodus from NTV saw their longest serving news anchor Jamila Mohamed announced live on air that she was leaving the media house.
In a new roster rolled out by RMS, former KTN’s Managing Editor Joe Ageyo was appointed the Editorial Director while Fred Afune the Director of radio and technical services
Ms Mohammed was appointed as the Managing Editor on the Swahili desk and Pamela Asigi the Managing Editor, English desk.
[caption caption="Journalist Jamila Mohamed"][/caption]
Moses Karanja took over as Chief Engineer, Latifah Ngunjiri as Production Director, Michael Ngugi, Commercial Director, and Caroline Wanyama as Marketing Director.
- Unfortunate23 January 2021 - 7:04 pm
- alma mater23 January 2021 - 5:54 pm
- latest report23 January 2021 - 4:56 pm
- Rewind23 January 2021 - 5:32 pm
- Shut down23 January 2021 - 4:01 pm
- In Need23 January 2021 - 3:06 pm
- accused23 January 2021 - 2:17 pm
- High Life23 January 2021 - 1:23 pm
- money makers23 January 2021 - 1:53 pm
- RIP23 January 2021 - 11:58 am
- touching23 January 2021 - 12:19 pm
- backlash23 January 2021 - 10:57 am