NTV Kiswahili news presenter Nimrod Taabu is reported to have resigned from the media house.
A source who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke revealed that the Swahili news anchor might be joining Citizen TV as a replacement for Kanze Dena who left the media house to join the Presidential Strategic Communications Unit (PSCU).
The 41-year-old journalist is well known for his mastery of Swahili and reporting skills which have seen him bloom while working with the Nation Media Group.
[caption caption="NTV Journalists Nimrod Taabu (left) and Jane Ngoiri (right)"][/caption]
Madowo's departure came just a day after eight columnists quit the Nation newspaper citing lack of editorial independence.
Before the dust could settle, popular news anchor Victoria Rubadiri also left the media house joining her former boss, Kaikai at Citizen TV and replacing Lillian Muli who left for maternity leave.
The exodus from NTV saw their longest serving news anchor Jamila Mohamed announced live on air that she was leaving the media house.
In a new roster rolled out by RMS, former KTN’s Managing Editor Joe Ageyo was appointed the Editorial Director while Fred Afune the Director of radio and technical services
Ms Mohammed was appointed as the Managing Editor on the Swahili desk and Pamela Asigi the Managing Editor, English desk.
[caption caption="Journalist Jamila Mohamed"][/caption]
Moses Karanja took over as Chief Engineer, Latifah Ngunjiri as Production Director, Michael Ngugi, Commercial Director, and Caroline Wanyama as Marketing Director.
- My Turn22 October 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Exams Plea22 October 2020 - 3:07 pm
- dead end22 October 2020 - 2:45 pm
- level up22 October 2020 - 2:34 pm
- Heartwarming22 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- in large numbers22 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Old is gold22 October 2020 - 1:32 pm
- U-Turn22 October 2020 - 2:09 pm
- mearge22 October 2020 - 1:13 pm
- balling22 October 2020 - 12:50 pm
- Blunder22 October 2020 - 11:26 am
- dire situation22 October 2020 - 11:51 am