Confirming the arrest an Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC) official stated that the ODM governor was arrested in Busia county together with three other officials.
"He is here being processed to be taken to court,” the official was quoted by Capital FM News.
[caption caption="Busia Governor Sospeter Ojaamong addressing the press after his tour of Busia County Referral Hospital Renal Unit in March, 2018"][/caption]
The ODM governor was arrested in Busia county together with three other officials and taken to EACC headquarters at Integrity Centre in Nairobi.
Ojaamong and his 3 co-accused were later taken to Milimani Anti-Corruption Court, Nairobi by EACC detectives to answer for the irregular acquisition of integrated solid waste management services worth Kshs.8 Million.
According to the DPP, the governor is also facing the charge of conspiracy to steal more than Ksh20 million from the county coffers and irregular acquisition.
Following the order, Ojamoong noted that he was ready to defend the acquisition in court adding that the county did not lose any money in the deal.
Addressing reporters at a Budalangi hotel, he stated that the case was politically instigated explaining that EACC had previously lost the case at the Court of Appeal.
"I have not been officially summoned or called to record a statement or clarify [matters]. I am reading all this in the media. Arresting me is not a big issue. Prosecuting the matter to its conclusion is what matters.
"All is not lost. We have the papers and all the MoU's we signed for the deal," he conveyed citing malice by the office of the DPP.
Here is the video courtesy of KTNNews:
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm
- ImageGolden Heart9 April 2020 - 6:49 pm
- Imageswift9 April 2020 - 6:03 pm
- Imageemergency9 April 2020 - 5:57 pm
- ImageGhost Whispers9 April 2020 - 6:19 pm