On Sunday night, a Member of Parliament narrowly escaped death after gunmen shot at his car killing his driver.
The MP escaped unhurt, however, his driver did not survive the attack.
[caption caption="Likuyani Member of Parliament Enock Wamalwa Kibunguchy"][/caption]
The assailants also managed to steal his vehicle. The lawmaker was later whisked to safety.
"He escaped from the moment he heard the gunshots. It is clear that he might have been the target," a witness told a local publication.
Kibunguchy was reelected into office in the 2017 General Election.
His competitor, Evans Nabwera Taracha, filed an election appeal on April 5 seeking to nullify the election.
Judge Erastus Githinji upheld his election citing Nabwera had filed the appeal after April 2 deadline.
While his colleagues use choppers and commercial jets in their weekend travels to their home areas, Kibunguchy is known for using public transport buses to travel to his rural constituency.
[caption caption="Graphic image of Wamalwa's driver in a pool of blood"][/caption]
- Ruto Response24 November 2020 - 2:54 pm
- act of kindness24 November 2020 - 3:01 pm
- panic24 November 2020 - 2:39 pm
- clarification24 November 2020 - 2:32 pm
- Conquerors24 November 2020 - 2:29 pm
- Higher Level24 November 2020 - 2:05 pm
- secret admirer24 November 2020 - 2:10 pm
- bounce back24 November 2020 - 1:33 pm
- R.I.P24 November 2020 - 1:40 pm
- gangsters paradise24 November 2020 - 1:25 pm
- another level24 November 2020 - 12:56 pm
- Shooting24 November 2020 - 12:06 pm