President Uhuru Kenyatta is in the US to attend the 73rd Session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA 73) after taking a low-key departure from Nairobi on Friday night.
In his second trip to the US in a period of one month, the President will not meet Kenyans living in the diaspora.
While the Kenyans living in the United States were angling for a session with Kenyatta, the Kenyan Embassy in the US through ambassador Robinson Njeru Githae dismissed any likelihood of having such a meeting.
Githae told Daily Nation that neither the Embassy nor the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has plans to have the diaspora secure a one-on-one session with the president.
"As far as I know, there are no such plans but the President will be attending so many meetings with Heads of States and development partners while in New York," held Ambassador Githae.
He indicated that with the current schedule, Uhuru shall have little time away from the official meetings and as such shall not meet the Kenyans who were keen to face him on the current state of the economy back at home.
Uhuru left the country on Friday night, hours after he signed into law, the Finance Bill, 2018. The law introduces taxes in a bid to raise about Ksh360 billion and was met with opposition from various quarters of the political divide.
During the visit, the Head of State is expected to address the UN General Assembly in New York.
He will thereafter engage in bilateral talks with various leaders and promote investments in line with the Big Four Agenda.
State House Digital strategist Dennis Itumbi intimated to The Star that Uhuru will take the opportunity to champion for the Blue Economy Conference set to be held at the KICC in November this year.
- Stance27 September 2020 - 5:20 pm
- out and about27 September 2020 - 5:07 pm
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- unveiled27 September 2020 - 2:16 pm
- Commendable27 September 2020 - 1:24 pm
- people power27 September 2020 - 11:34 am
- Costly Journey27 September 2020 - 11:37 am
- Outed27 September 2020 - 11:09 am
- battle27 September 2020 - 9:59 am