In the wee hours of Monday morning, KDF personnel shot dead the terrorists who were operating in Lamu.
The soldiers recovered seven AK47 rifles and ammunition during the operation in Taksile area, North of Pandanguo.
3 KDF officers are reported to have sustained injuries from the 6:45 am raid and are currently receiving medical care.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, the Ministry of Defence officials stated that the operation was as a result of extensive investigations by security personnel.
The army is in pursuit of other terrorists who fled with injuries.
“Locals are requested to share information with the security officials in the area, as the fleeing and wounded terrorists may seek assistance from them.
“The locals are urged to participate in weeding out lurking terror elements in their midst, in order to assist in the progressive pacification of Lamu County,” read an official statement by KDF Colonel, Public Affairs, Paul Njuguna.
Lamu has in past been a hiding spot for Al shabaab militants who terrorise residents.
The fighters use the expansive Boni forest as a base for most of their operations.
- puzzling18 May 2021 - 7:56 pm
- Listen Up18 May 2021 - 7:34 pm
- Vaccine Crisis18 May 2021 - 5:13 pm
- please18 May 2021 - 5:23 pm
- Tragic18 May 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Tragic18 May 2021 - 4:21 pm
- competitive18 May 2021 - 4:32 pm
- Kind-Hearted18 May 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Revealed18 May 2021 - 3:47 pm
- Renege18 May 2021 - 3:31 pm
- Expensive Sendoff18 May 2021 - 4:00 pm
- fake news18 May 2021 - 2:18 pm