Former Local Government Permanent Secretary (PS) Sammy Kirui landed himself in trouble after he was found with a phone illegally in Industrial Area Prison.
During a random inspection by prison wardens, Kirui was discovered to be in possession of the phone which he had been using for an unspecified period.
Also nabbed in the operation was former Nairobi Town Clerk John Gakuo.
According to People Daily, the two were subsequently trans
erred to Nairobi West Penitentiary to face disciplinary measures for breaking prison rules.
In the past, it has been reported that inmates use mobile phones to indulge in con games, deal in drugs, run illegal businesses and even plan murders.
The transfer will see them serve the rest of their term with some of the most notorious criminals in the Kibera-based penitentiary.
A source privy to the transfer intimated that they will not be accorded any special treatment.
In May, Kirui and Gakuo were sentenced to three years for their involvement in Movoko land scam.
They were also fined Ksh 1 million for their role in the Ksh 283 million cemetery saga.
Their co-accused Mary Ngethe, a former city council Legal Secretary, and Alexander Musee were also found guilty of knowingly giving false information about the same and will each serve three years in prison too.drug criminal murder illegal scam
- Exposed23 March 2023 - 7:46 pm
- Clampdown23 March 2023 - 7:38 pm
- new role23 March 2023 - 7:19 pm
- light moment23 March 2023 - 7:34 pm
- Explained23 March 2023 - 7:32 pm
- mORTGAGE23 March 2023 - 6:46 pm
- Impressive23 March 2023 - 7:11 pm
- RE-ORGANISED23 March 2023 - 7:22 pm
- Puzzling23 March 2023 - 7:02 pm
- Revealed23 March 2023 - 6:33 pm
- By a whisker23 March 2023 - 6:21 pm
- CHALLENGED23 March 2023 - 6:00 pm