Citizen TV journalist Jacque Maribe on Thursday presented herself to the police a day after her fiancé Joseph Irungu was charged with the murder of Monica Kimani.
The TV star arrived at Kilimani Police Station in the company of her lawyer, Kipchumba Katwa Kigen.
After recording a statement with the police, Ms Maribe was moved to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations headquarters along Kiambu road for further grilling on what she might have known about the murder.
Her Fiancee, Joe Irungu, who is in custody, is the main suspect in the murder of Monica Kimani whose body was found at her house in Kilimani area.
To guide the journalist in the intrigues linking her to the murder, seasoned lawyer Katwa Kigen accompanied her on her first date with the detectives who couldn't trace her since Tuesday evening.
Katwa is an expert in handling matters pertaining to international criminal law. He represented former journalist Joshua Arap Sang and partly DP William Ruto at the ICC on various charges relating to crimes against humanity.
Kigen has also represented clients in cases concerning commercial law with several entities and banks being his clients.
Maribe had a hard time at the Kilimani station and could not stand the glare of the media who jostled to capture her in a grey hood, also covering her face with a cap.
The officers whisked her away in a luxury car to the DCI headquarters to give further information on the murder whose news she presented on Citizen TV's Friday 4 p.m bulletin.
Her car was earlier in the day dusted by officers and samples taken for analysis while her lover is remanded at the Muthaiga police cells.
- Unfortunate23 January 2021 - 7:04 pm
- alma mater23 January 2021 - 5:54 pm
- latest report23 January 2021 - 4:56 pm
- Rewind23 January 2021 - 5:32 pm
- Shut down23 January 2021 - 4:01 pm
- In Need23 January 2021 - 3:06 pm
- accused23 January 2021 - 2:17 pm
- High Life23 January 2021 - 1:23 pm
- money makers23 January 2021 - 1:53 pm
- RIP23 January 2021 - 11:58 am
- touching23 January 2021 - 12:19 pm
- backlash23 January 2021 - 10:57 am