NTV journalist and senior anchor Trevor Ombija has confirmed he's quitting the station.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke the anchor stated, "Everything that has a beginning has an end. It's time to go and swim with the sharks".
Sources indicate that Ombija's last working day at NTV will be on Thursday before joining the rival, Royal Media Services-owned station, Citizen TV.
The RMS media house is also reportedly looking for four more anchors which is likely to see other seasoned journalists move to the station.
The 30-year-old anchor is a graduate of the University of Nairobi with a degree in Journalism.
He is allegedly going to continue as an anchor and a reporter at Citizen TV with the possibility of launching a new show in the near future.
He has a rich career portfolio having worked as an assignment desk editor at CCTV Africa from May 2012 to July 2013.
He then worked as an assistant sea exports coordinator at international logistics company SDV from February 2010 to April 2011.
He later went back to the media industry in 2013 when he joined Nation FM from August 2013 to August 2014.
In late 2014, Ombija made the big move and joined NTV where he has been working to date as a senior anchor, reporter and associate producer.
In a message dated 1, May 2018, his then co-host Gladys Gachanja termed Ombija as "a friend who had my back".
Speaking on hiatus in their shared career life, Gachanja stated: "I remember when we started this journey Ombija.
"It has been amazing through all the dark times, and awesome times. As this new season unfolds, my friend-shine on," Gachaja expressed the cordial working relationship.
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm
- silver lining7 August 2020 - 1:26 pm
- sad7 August 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Heartbreaking Tales7 August 2020 - 12:53 pm
- out the door7 August 2020 - 11:38 am
- Stormy Affair7 August 2020 - 10:42 am
- open up7 August 2020 - 10:21 am