A Nairobi court on Wednesday directed that exposed quack doctor Mugo wa Wairimu be detained for 10 days at the Pangani Police Station after he was arraigned.
Milimani duty court Magistrate Bernard Nzakyo further ordered that authorities take Wairimu to hospital for treatment.
The prosecution had requested for 14 days to complete investigations into the matter that captured national attention.
Wairimu is to face charges that include running an unlicensed clinic and obtaining money under false pretenses.
The ruling came hours after renowned criminal lawyer Cliff Ombeta announced his decision to drop Wairimu as a client.
Ombeta disclosed to Kenyans.co.ke that he turned down an offer of Sh1 million from Wairimu for his services.
He explained that the accusations leveled against Wairimu sparked a major outcry, especially among women.
Noting that he had a 17-year old daughter himself, he divulged that he opted to stay away from Wairimu's current woes despite having represented him in the past.
“Being a man also with a daughter, I can say that I do not want to continue with the matter any more.
“I managed to get him out on bond, I managed to get him out on previous matters but I now I have decided that this matter is a little murky,” he stated.
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- On the verge20 June 2021 - 5:54 pm
- Heartwarming20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 4:04 pm
- Tables Turn20 June 2021 - 2:21 pm
- Father's Love20 June 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Rescue Mission20 June 2021 - 12:48 pm
- high politics20 June 2021 - 11:40 am
- About Time20 June 2021 - 12:05 pm
- On the Spot20 June 2021 - 12:07 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 9:20 am
- Pay Up20 June 2021 - 8:04 am