Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua on Thursday responded to allegations that he used Kshs600 Million to build a bridge.
A Twitter user had raised concern over an alleged overspending on a less than impressive bridge.
"Meanwhile, Kenya Governor Mutua launching a Ksh600 Million bridge. In my country bridges like this one are built by Nyoape boys to help us pedestrians cross to the other side of the mud," the netizen noted.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, the governor dismissed the reports terming them a misrepresentation of facts.
He divulged that he inspected the bridge on Tuesday adding that it was yet to be completed.
"On Tuesday I inspected a bridge crossing that is under construction and one which is only 50% done.
"This is a simple box culvert and the contract is less than one million. The bridge will be complete with guard rails etc by end of December," he stated.
He added that the photos shared were propaganda by people who were against his administration and the projects he had established for the residents.
"This is propaganda by people who thrive on politics of poverty will not deter us from bringing change to places forgotten since independence," he told this writer on the phone.
Machakos First Lady Lilian Nganga explained that they were on their way to open solar-powered boreholes in the area when they crossed the bridge.
"It is currently under construction! Gov Mutua and I passed via there to check it's progress on our way to Ngelani and Machakos School for the blind to officially open one of 24 new additional solar-powered boreholes," she conveyed.accident
- on fire27 March 2023 - 8:29 pm
- Revealed27 March 2023 - 7:35 pm
- Revealed27 March 2023 - 7:04 pm
- Pandora's Box27 March 2023 - 6:53 pm
- Barbaric27 March 2023 - 6:05 pm
- Globe Trotting27 March 2023 - 6:33 pm
- Decided27 March 2023 - 5:23 pm
- Take Care27 March 2023 - 4:38 pm
- Uncouth27 March 2023 - 3:14 pm
- take note27 March 2023 - 2:56 pm
- Invasion27 March 2023 - 1:49 pm
- Revealed27 March 2023 - 2:19 pm