Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua on Thursday responded to allegations that he used Kshs600 Million to build a bridge.
A Twitter user had raised concern over an alleged overspending on a less than impressive bridge.
"Meanwhile, Kenya Governor Mutua launching a Ksh600 Million bridge. In my country bridges like this one are built by Nyoape boys to help us pedestrians cross to the other side of the mud," the netizen noted.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, the governor dismissed the reports terming them a misrepresentation of facts.
He divulged that he inspected the bridge on Tuesday adding that it was yet to be completed.
"On Tuesday I inspected a bridge crossing that is under construction and one which is only 50% done.
"This is a simple box culvert and the contract is less than one million. The bridge will be complete with guard rails etc by end of December," he stated.
He added that the photos shared were propaganda by people who were against his administration and the projects he had established for the residents.
"This is propaganda by people who thrive on politics of poverty will not deter us from bringing change to places forgotten since independence," he told this writer on the phone.
Machakos First Lady Lilian Nganga explained that they were on their way to open solar-powered boreholes in the area when they crossed the bridge.
"It is currently under construction! Gov Mutua and I passed via there to check it's progress on our way to Ngelani and Machakos School for the blind to officially open one of 24 new additional solar-powered boreholes," she conveyed.accident
- Busted26 November 2022 - 7:12 pm
- Kind gesture26 November 2022 - 7:31 pm
- Revealed26 November 2022 - 7:04 pm
- Tussle26 November 2022 - 6:46 pm
- Looming Danger26 November 2022 - 6:06 pm
- FREEDOM AT LAST26 November 2022 - 5:45 pm
- Boom26 November 2022 - 6:33 pm
- Duties26 November 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Battle ground26 November 2022 - 4:51 pm
- SPECTACLE26 November 2022 - 4:14 pm
- Close Call26 November 2022 - 3:58 pm
- Boycott26 November 2022 - 3:53 pm