The bill which is sponsored by majority leader Aden Duale, seeks to ensure that more women get opportunities in leadership positions if the elections do not meet the required threshold stated in the 2010 constitution.
“We should not stand in the way of development of our daughters, wives and mothers. We should give them an opportunity to be great citizens of our country by passing the bill,” the DP stated.
He also reminded the MPs that passing the bill would give them a chance to make history by ending the marginalization of women, An issue that has affected women for centuries.
Around 50 legislators who had accompanied the DP promised to heed to the call and assured of the bills success in the House.
Garissa Township MP, Duale who was present in the event, seconded the DP’s comment adding that it was their responsibility to actualize the bill.
“A time is coming when there will be more women in parliament than men,” the majority leader pointed out.
- Order5 December 2022 - 7:33 pm
- Convicted5 December 2022 - 5:34 pm
- Unraveled5 December 2022 - 4:58 pm
- On the spot5 December 2022 - 5:34 pm
- Ordeal5 December 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Nabbed5 December 2022 - 3:43 pm
- Reunion5 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Transition5 December 2022 - 3:15 pm
- tragic5 December 2022 - 2:55 pm
- Commonwealth5 December 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Justice5 December 2022 - 2:26 pm
- The Law is Clear5 December 2022 - 4:16 pm