The Odinga family have been listed among top land rate defaulters who owe millions to Kisumu County in unpaid land rates.
Committee Secretary Nicholas Migot affirmed that the late vice-president, registered as Ajuma Oginga Odinga and Dr Oginga were in the list.
The names were in a published list of 581 defaulters who owe more than Ksh15 billion in land rates.
Oginga Odinga owes the county Ksh7,774,099 while his son owes Ksh295,743.
George Weda, the former chairman of the task force noted that the late Jaramogi and other unnamed individuals were exempted from payment by the defunct authorities.
He mentioned that this was due to what they had done in the society.
The defaulters are required to clear their arrears by December 21.
“The county government of Kisumu hereby gives notice to the general public and land rate defaulters, that for efficient land rate management and verification of ownership records as captured, the defaulters are directed to pay all their dues by December 21,” the notice states.
Migot remarked that those in the list will lose the parcels of land if they do not clear their debts.
- tough hardle26 September 2020 - 8:44 am
- His Take26 September 2020 - 8:33 am
- Power play26 September 2020 - 7:36 am
- declined26 September 2020 - 7:23 am
- double standards25 September 2020 - 7:58 pm
- unfortunate25 September 2020 - 7:30 pm
- please consider25 September 2020 - 7:03 pm
- heckled25 September 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Terrified25 September 2020 - 6:14 pm
- sad!25 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Chaos25 September 2020 - 4:35 pm
- fire25 September 2020 - 4:06 pm