Woman Arrested for Impersonating RMS Presenter
Florence Awino Agunda alias ‘Flo Nyar Agunda’ reportedly approached a local businessman claiming to be Lydia Akoth of Radio Ramogi.
Akoth hosts a famous show known as Donse Donse on the station.
The businessman, a local shop owner, is the father of one of two university students who drowned in River Yala last month.
Agunda claimed to be able to secure assistance for Mr. George Ouka and his family from the radio station.
Ouka found Agunda's offer suspicious and decided to look into her after their initial meeting.
He convinced her to come back to the shop on Saturday when area residents undertook a citizens' arrest and frogmarched her to a nearby police station.
Bondo OCPD Harriet Kinya disclosed that she was found in possession of fake business cards bearing the name Lydia Akoth.
Agunda is currently being detained at Bondo Police Station.
Kinya promised that thorough investigations would be conducted to establish the extent of Agunda's impersonation including any past victims.
She is to be arraigned in court next week to face charges of impersonation.
- 21 October 2019 - 6:37 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:33 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:19 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 6:03 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 5:53 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 5:24 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 4:32 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 4:03 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 3:52 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 3:40 pm
- 21 October 2019 - 2:51 pm