Kenyan lawyer Lucy Kambuni, who represented the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) in various petitions, has landed a job at the International Criminal Court (ICC).
Kambuni was elected to the Advisory Committee on Nomination of ICC judges during Assembly of States Parties meeting at The Hague.
The Senior Counsel who operates under L M Kambuni and Associates Advocates was part of the commission’s legal team during the two presidential petitions in 2017.
She also acted as Counsel for the IEBC during the 2013 presidential petition.
Kambuni has practised law for over 32 years, in addition to holding key positions of governance in the private sector and serving the nation in delicate undertakings of great public interest.
In 2015, she was appointed by President Uhuru Kenyatta as the Lead Assisting Counsel to the Commission of Inquiry into the petition to Suspend the Makueni County Government.
In 2012, the Attorney General of Kenya tapped Kambuni to be a member of the working committee to advise the government on the case before the International Criminal Court involving Kenya citizens.
She has also taught law at the undergraduate level and at the Kenya School of Law, the Bar School for Kenya.
Her impressive accolades include being elected as the first woman Vice-Chairperson of the Law Society of Kenya in 2005.
She currently serves as Vice Chairperson to the Employment and Labour Relations Rules Committee after she was nominated by the Chief Justice to be a member of the committee.
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm