KCPE Candidate Mistakenly Selected to School for the Blind
A girl from Kerio Valley has been selected to join a secondary school for the visually impaired despite not having any disability.
Purity Jerotich, a former student of Kerio Valley Oasis Academy, was chosen to join St Lucy’s High School for the Visually Impaired in Meru County.
She explained that she was in shock because the school was not in her wish list.
“I don't understand why I am being placed in a special school,” she told reporters at The Standard.
The girl was expecting to be called to join Pangani Girls in Nairobi or Limuru Girls in Kiambu.
Many KCPE candidates have expressed disappointment after they failed to be selected to join the schools of their choice despite scoring high marks.
Benson Njenga, who scored 431 marks, had hoped to join Alliance High School but was instead invited to St Patrick's High School in Iten, Elgeyo-Marakwet County.
Ezra Mogambi scored 431 marks at Radiance Academy in Nakuru and also wanted to join Alliance High School but will be going to Kapsabet Boys High School.
“I feel I would be better placed to compete at the giant school but I'm not sure about the school that I have been selected to join,” stated Mogambi.
- 11 December 2018 - 8:15 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 6:33 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 5:33 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 6:01 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 6:34 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 5:27 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 4:37 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 4:43 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 4:48 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 3:43 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 3:01 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 2:42 pm