Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko was on Tuesday named the Good Deeds Goodwill Ambassador in Kenya.
The announcement was made when he hosted the organization's delegation led by CEO Kaynan Rabino at City Hall, Nairobi.
Sonko earned the ambassadorial position based on the philanthropic work he has undertaken over the years.
He disclosed that Nairobi would host a major event organised by the global body in 2019.
"My administration is ready to partner with the organization to host the Global Deeds Day on 7th of April in Nairobi," he stated.
Good Deeds Global is an internet-based social business and social movement organization structured around the 'pay it forward' and 'good deeds' concept.
"Our main objective is to encourage people to be more generous to each other, also to consider doing randomly nice things for others, and for no apparent reason other than to simply put a smile on that persons face.
"Additionally, we hope our work will produce effective results in the areas of enhancing peoples positive ways of thinking and encouraging them to have enthusiastic attitudes towards giving and helping out their fellow human beings," he stated
The organization strives to positively impact one person at a time, aiming to bring about simple joy and happiness in that individual, and in-turn helping to overall build happier, stronger, more productive communities around the world.
During his term as Senator, Sonko founded the Sonko-Rescue Team to offer services parallel to the county government then run by Evans Kidero.
In 2017, the SRT was named the best NGO in Kenya by the NGO Coordination Board.
- doppleganger24 October 2020 - 2:11 pm
- sweet24 October 2020 - 1:51 pm
- gruesome24 October 2020 - 1:28 pm
- Halleluhya!24 October 2020 - 1:00 pm
- will they?24 October 2020 - 12:13 pm
- Presidential Treatment24 October 2020 - 11:42 am
- helping hand24 October 2020 - 11:30 am
- Her Take24 October 2020 - 10:37 am
- Tough Crowd24 October 2020 - 9:59 am
- must watch24 October 2020 - 9:31 am
- fatal24 October 2020 - 8:45 am
- Trouble24 October 2020 - 8:24 am