14 people have been killed and 30 others injured following a suspected terrorist attack on Dusit D2 Hotel, Riverside Nairobi.
Identification papers indicated that 11 were Kenyan, one was American and one was British. The other was not carrying documents.
Inspector-General of Police Joseph Boinnet revealed that five people died at the Secret Garden restaurant in the Dusit complex after a suspected suicide bomber blew himself.
Another woman succumbed to her injuries at the MP Shah Hospital.
According to Daily Nation, the hospital received six casualties following the Tuesday attack.
Kenyatta National Hospital received four survivors of the attack.
Four others were taken to the Aga Khan University Hospital.
Avenue Hospital in Parklands admitted 16 survivors, with one woman being in a critical condition after being shot four times in the abdomen.
The attack on Dusit D2 Hotel, Riverside Nairobi began on Tuesday evening at around 3pm after gunmen made their way to the premises.
According to eyewitnesses, the attackers reportedly stopped a short distance from the facilities main gate for about 20 minutes.
To forcefully gain access to the hotel, the attackers hurled grenades at the security officers manning the gate.
On Tuesday evening, Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i condemned the attack terming it a cowardly act by the 'suspected terrorists'.
"I condemn in the strongest terms the cowardly and heinous acts we witnessed in Nairobi today," he stated.
He gave a progress report on the rescue operations stating, "We have secured all the buildings affected in this event. We are now mopping up the area and securing evidence."
- pressing26 February 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Change of Command26 February 2021 - 7:57 pm
- Boosted26 February 2021 - 7:31 pm
- unfortunate26 February 2021 - 7:48 pm
- justice26 February 2021 - 6:23 pm
- Upgrade26 February 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Caution26 February 2021 - 6:22 pm
- warning26 February 2021 - 5:43 pm
- let peace prevail26 February 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Happy26 February 2021 - 4:37 pm
- revealed26 February 2021 - 3:54 pm
- Update26 February 2021 - 5:10 pm