Eric Omondi Responds to Reports of Being at Dusit Attack

  • Kenyan comedian Eric Omondi has responded to reports that he was at the Dusit D2 complex when terrorists attacked the premise.

    Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, the comedian denied reports that he was in the hotel at the time of the attack.

    "I had seen that some blogs had written I was there. That attack happened on Tuesday, I wasn't even in Nairobi at that time," he told this writer on the phone.

    Earlier, unconfirmed reports had indicated that he had dodged terrorists' bullets during the Dusit attack.

    Security forces respond to the terror attack at Dusit D2 hotel in Riverside.

    According to the piece on a local news site, Eric was allegedly picking up a package from one of the offices in the building when the terrorists started shooting indiscriminately. 

    "I was to be the third person to be shot, I don’t know how I escaped the bullet. It is just God," read a quote from the publication.

    Earlier on, Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet announced that the death toll had risen to 21, with 16 Kenyans, one  Briton, one American, while the nationalities of the remaining three still unknown.

    "We wish to inform that, as of this evening, six other bodies were found at the scene and one police officer succumbed very suddenly to his injuries," he told reporters.

    Kenya Red Cross Secretary General Abbas Gullet, on Wednesday, confirmed that over 700 people had been rescued from the building.

    They disclosed that more cases of people reported missing had been settled.

    "At 8:30pm, 75 cases have been closed positively with 19 pending, which we hope to close in the course of tomorrow (Thursday)," the organization stated.

    Statement by the Kenya Red Cross