5 Dusit D2 Attack Suspects Appear in Court [PHOTOS]

  • Dusit D2 terror attack suspects in court Facebook
  • Five suspects linked to the Dusit D2 terror attack have been presented in a Nairobi court.

    One is a Canadian national and the other four are Kenyans.

    The five, Joel Ng'anga Wainaina, Oliver Kanyango Muthee, Gladys Kaari Justus, Osman Ibrahim and Guleid Abdihakim (Canadian) were arraigned on Friday afternoon and are yet to plead to the charges.

    Here are the photos:

    DPP Noordin Haji applied to have the suspects detained for 30 days to enable detectives conclude the investigations.

    "The investigations into the matter are complex and transnational and would, therefore, require sufficient time and resources to uncover the entire criminal syndicate," Haji stated.

    Principal Magistrate Martha Mutuku granted the appeal further directing that the suspects be placed in custody at any police station of the investigator’s choice.

    DPP Haji revealed that he had appointed a team of prosecutors to offer technical guidance to the investigators on a continuous basis so as to ensure that the investigations are meticulous and fast-tracked.

    He further assured that his office was working overtime to ensure that the perpetrators and their accomplices are brought to book.

    "I take this opportunity to assure the country that we shall do everything possible to ensure that persons behind the organization, planning funding and execution of terror attack are brought to book and that justice is delivered to the victims of this henious crime," he stated.

    Here is the statement from the DPP:

    Two of the suspects were arrested on Wednesday.

    DCI George Kinoti stated that the two were apprehended in Eastleigh and Ruaka as intelligence units move to unravel the trail of the attackers and their sympathizers.

    As the security operation to end an 18-hour standoff at Riverside came to an end, police were alerted on the location of one of the attacker's residence.

    13 people were, on Thursday, arrested in Mombasa in connection to the terror attack.

    The operation was carried out earlier in the morning with detectives raiding a house where one of the attackers used to live.