Conveying his goodwill message on Sunday, before the Lunar New Year which officially began on February 5, 2019, the Head of State pointed out the partnership between the two countries.
"The friendship and partnership between Kenya and China is very old, in recent years, we have drawn even closer together, with tight cooperation now across a whole range of areas, from industry to infrastructure.
"That co-operation has changed the lives of ordinary people in both countries, here in Kenya, we see it most clearly in the Standard Gauge Railway, the region’s most ambitious infrastructure project," he stated.
He added that the current projects were a symbol of what could be achieved when the two nations collaborate.
"Much has been done, much remains to be done. I look forward, as do the people of Kenya, to working with China, a true partner and friend, in the year to come. Happy New Year!" he noted.
In China, the festivities are known as Spring Festival or Lunar New Year and lasts for 15 days.
Locals celebrate with firecrackers which are set off to scare away the dragon-lion monster Nian, who, according to legends, would attack villagers and sometimes eat children.
This year is the Year of the Pig. A pig represents luck, overall good fortune, wealth, honesty, general prosperity, symbolising a hard working, a peace-loving person, a truthful, generous, indulgent, patient, reliable, trusting, sincere, giving, sociable person with a large sense of humour and understanding.
According to traditional and contemporary Chinese culture, one must wear a red colour during the festivities as it symbolises prosperity and happiness.
- Speak out26 November 2020 - 12:23 pm
- fulfilled wish26 November 2020 - 11:19 am
- Armed client26 November 2020 - 11:17 am
- Tough Times26 November 2020 - 10:45 am
- Drama26 November 2020 - 12:12 pm
- Strict Measures26 November 2020 - 9:53 am
- Keep off26 November 2020 - 10:12 am
- snubbed?26 November 2020 - 9:29 am
- breaks silence26 November 2020 - 8:48 am
- savings26 November 2020 - 9:09 am
- Ghost Staff26 November 2020 - 8:16 am
- undefire26 November 2020 - 7:52 am