3 Killed in Grisly Head-On Collision at Maseno
Three people were feared dead in a grisly accident at Maseno along Kisumu-Busia highway.
The accident involved two canter trucks believed to have collided head-on and a motorcycle.
Three other people sustained serious injuries and were reportedly rushed to the nearby hospital for treatment.
According to witnesses, the accident caused a huge snarl-up on the busy highway forcing motorists to veer off the road as they attempted to pass around the wreckage.
Police officers and medical emergency teams arrived at the accident scene and were managing the situation.
This comes months after a tanker rammed into a Public Service Vehicle (PSV) leaving three people seriously injured.
The accident happened along the Kisumu-Busia highway after the brakes of the tanker failed while ascending a steep road at Daraja Mbili.
Nyanza Regional Traffic boss Andrew Naibei stated that the trailer reversed and hit a matatu which was heading to Busia.
Naibei further stated that those injured were the driver of the Bungoma Line Shuttle and two passengers who were seated in the front seats.
Other passengers escaped unhurt while the injured were rushed to Kisumu County Hospital for treatment.
Below are more photos from the accident scene:
- 16 February 2019 - 5:25 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 4:49 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 4:27 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 3:46 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 3:06 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 2:46 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 2:30 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 1:56 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 1:44 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 1:01 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 12:20 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 11:46 am