Billionaire Bishop David Kariuki Ngare, popularly known as Gakuyo, has sued Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i and Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) George Kinoti in the Ksh1 Billion Ekeza Sacco scandal.
In the retaliation suit, the billionaire wants the two to be temporarily barred from investigating and subsequently arresting him.
In the suit, Gakuyo, a one-time gubernatorial aspirant, further divulged that his investigation was largely influenced by his political enemies out to ruin his reputation.
"For some time now, there has been prolonged litigation by the Commissioner of Cooperatives against me, Ekeza Sacco and Gakuyo Real Estate which I believe had a political motive," Stated Gakuyo.
He further pointed fingers towards Matiang'i after he directed the inspector general of police to investigate and charge him over the scandal. A move he termed illegal.
"I believe CS Matiang'i is unconstitutionally interfering with the independence of the police by directing them to arrest and prosecute me," he continued.
He further claimed that he was highly likely not to get a fair trial since the police were receiving intense pressure from Matiang'i and his political enemies.
On March 18, Hundreds of frustrated members of the now crisis-stricken Ekeza Sacco turned up at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) headquarters in droves.
The turnout followed calls by the DCI asking complainants to report to their offices with supporting documents to back their claims of fraud against Bishop Gakuyo.
Gakuyo was accused of defrauding the Sacco's members of money amounting to around Ksh1.5 Billion.
The money was apparently transferred from the Sacco accounts to the personal account of the bishop for his personal use.
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm
- Imagebig brother27 February 2020 - 1:46 pm