NRG Radio, an urban station has landed a deal with Virgin Media Group, a company based in the United Kingdom.
In an internal memo sent to its employees, the management notified its staff of the signed deal between the two companies that will have the radio station rebrand to Virgin radio.
" A month ago we landed a deal with Sir. Richard Branson's Virgin Media Group. We have signed a deal with VMG and soon NRG radio will rebrand to Virgin radio," read part of the memo.
Sources from the station indicate NRG Radio 91.3FM will move to a new frequency 97.1FM beginning April 27, 2019.
The launching date will also coincide with the radio's one-year anniversary celebration.
NRG Radio has been running a campaign for the past week "The NRG is pregnant" to sensitize its followers on the merge.
Barely a year old, the media house is leading in digital media and music as well.
The radio station was the first audiovisual station in Kenya and largely Africa and has become a key benchmark for most media houses across the region.
On Instagram, the media house has already surpassed the followers of other leading stations with 95.7K followers.
Their growth has shaken the market and their platforms, as well as being an admiration of many.
- Progress22 October 2021 - 7:57 pm
- Fun22 October 2021 - 7:14 pm
- Grilled22 October 2021 - 6:25 pm
- Fraud22 October 2021 - 7:39 pm
- Applications Open22 October 2021 - 7:12 pm
- AWARDS22 October 2021 - 6:44 pm
- Confidential22 October 2021 - 6:00 pm
- revealed22 October 2021 - 5:17 pm
- Oscars22 October 2021 - 5:33 pm
- Fresh Orders22 October 2021 - 4:02 pm
- Promises22 October 2021 - 4:34 pm
- REVEALED22 October 2021 - 5:04 pm