A Kenyan athlete, Lawrence Cherono won the Boston Marathon title on Monday with 2 hours, 07 minutes and 57 followed by Ethiopia's Lelisa Desisa of Ethiopia.
Cherono was in close competition with Kenneth Kipkemoi and Lelisa Desisa in the last two kilometers the race.
"It wasn't easy because I used a lot of energy in kicking, but I am not disappointed since it worked well against the Ethiopians who are fond of beating us in the kick," Cherono stated.
The 30-year-old winner beat Desisa with five metres who came in third in 2:07:59 in the World Marathon Majors crown.
Desisa had won the marathon in the years 2013 and 2015.
Felix Kandie, a Kenyan came in fourth while the 2017 Boston Marathon champion Geoffrey Kirui took the fifth place.
Cherono has also won the 2015 Sevilla and 2016 Praha Marathons.
In the women's race, Ethiopia's Worknesh Degefa won in 2 hours, 23 minutes and 30 seconds. She beat Kenya's Edna Kiplagat.
Ms Kiplagat took second place in 2 hours, 25 minutes and 20 seconds while an American, Jordan Hasay claimed third place in 2 hours 25 minutes and 20 seconds.
- it's a wrap22 January 2022 - 7:07 pm
- earthquake22 January 2022 - 5:43 pm
- Confusion22 January 2022 - 4:35 pm
- at large22 January 2022 - 3:27 pm
- fresh demands22 January 2022 - 2:42 pm
- Just for You22 January 2022 - 1:38 pm
- Politricks22 January 2022 - 1:50 pm
- Road Crash22 January 2022 - 1:27 pm
- coming clean22 January 2022 - 12:28 pm
- Explained22 January 2022 - 11:10 am
- coming back22 January 2022 - 11:04 am
- bow out22 January 2022 - 10:16 am