The younger brother of Kenya's founding father, Jomo Kenyatta, mysteriously disappeared during the First World War.
Historian Odhiambo Levin Opiyo recently revealed that Kongo Muigai went missing at the age of 13.
World War 1, which originated in Europe was going on when he got lost. The war lasted from July 28, 1914, to November 11, 1918
At the time, young men were being forced to join the army as porters.
Kongo fled to an area where the Maasai community lived to avoid compulsory enlistment in the military service.
He reportedly stayed there until the war was over. However, it is still unclear where he went to after calm had been restored.
This revelation came as a surprise to many since they had thought that Mzee Kenyatta only had two siblings.
The eldest, Kung'u Muigai, died when he was still young.
Mzee Jomo Kenyatta, who went on to become Kenya's first Prime Minister, was the second born.
The only other known sibling of Mzee Kenyatta is James Muigai.
James was the first student at Alliance High School when the institution opened its gates on March 1, 1926.
- Unfortunate23 January 2021 - 7:04 pm
- alma mater23 January 2021 - 5:54 pm
- latest report23 January 2021 - 4:56 pm
- Rewind23 January 2021 - 5:32 pm
- Shut down23 January 2021 - 4:01 pm
- In Need23 January 2021 - 3:06 pm
- accused23 January 2021 - 2:17 pm
- High Life23 January 2021 - 1:23 pm
- money makers23 January 2021 - 1:53 pm
- RIP23 January 2021 - 11:58 am
- touching23 January 2021 - 12:19 pm
- backlash23 January 2021 - 10:57 am