Woman Admits to Killing Baby for Looking Like Raila
A woman has admitted that she killed her own child after discovering that she resembled former Prime Minister Raila Odinga.
Appearing before Kibera senior resident magistrate Renee Kamau, Sevelina Mwihaki Kamau made the revelation while dismissing accusations that part of her murder motive was that the eight-month-old baby declined to drink the milk she had bought her.
According to a report by The Star, the prosecution of the case told the court that after committing the offence, the woman then hid the baby for a while.
The neighbours, however, noticed that the little girl had been missing and decided to lodge a complaint at Kilimani Police Station.
The prosecution also revealed that Kamau frequently abused marijuana and that she took the drug before, during and after the pregnancy.
After listening to the case, the magistrate ordered that Kamau be taken to Mathare Mental Hospital and barred her from taking a plea.
The magistrate also denied her bond until the psychiatric exam is finalised and results presented before the court.
Kamau reportedly committed the office on February 19 this year while at her employer's place in Riverside, Nairobi.
She revealed to the court that her native home is in Nyeri
The case is set for mention on May 13, 2019.
- 13 November 2019 - 2:53 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 2:45 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 2:23 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 2:07 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 3:05 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 1:15 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 12:20 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 1:12 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 12:58 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 11:41 am
- 13 November 2019 - 1:08 pm
- 13 November 2019 - 11:59 am