President Uhuru Kenyatta's brother-in-law Victor Pratt has been reappointed as the head of a government approved by Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich.
In a gazette notice published on May 3rd, Rotich retained Pratt as the chairman of the Retirement Benefits Authority.
He is expected to head the authority for the next three years effective 1st June 2019.
"In exercise of the powers conferred by section 6 (a) of the Retirement Benefits Act, the Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury and Planning, re-appoints Victor Pratt to be the Chairman of the Retirement Benefits Authority, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 1st June, 2019," read the notice in part.
Pratt was re-appointed to the position which he held since 21st May, 2016.
Before joining the Treasury-linked ministry, Pratt worked in the transport, telecommunications, energy sectors where he was involved in small business development.
He is a graduate in Business Administration from Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA and has undertaken post-graduate studies in Industrial Development at the Irish Management Institute in Dublin, Ireland.
Pratt is married to Kristina Pratt, previously known as Christine Wambui Kenyatta, who is Uhuru's elder sister.
The two are blessed with four children and Kristina works as a special education teacher.
She also doubles up as an ambassador for the visually impaired and has established many facilities for the disabled in Kenya.
- EXPLAINED2 December 2022 - 8:02 pm
- Changes2 December 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Fairy Tale2 December 2022 - 7:40 pm
- Quit2 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Accolades2 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Staff purge2 December 2022 - 6:04 pm
- delight2 December 2022 - 5:27 pm
- Crash2 December 2022 - 5:23 pm
- DISAPPOINTMENT2 December 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Partnership2 December 2022 - 5:05 pm
- Strategy2 December 2022 - 4:40 pm
- Struck Out2 December 2022 - 4:31 pm