Kennedy Ombima, commonly referred to as King Kaka, made history on Tuesday as he became the first Kenyan musician ever to grace the red carpet at the 72nd edition of the Cannes Film Festival.
The prestigious festival founded in 1946 is held annually in Cannes, France, and previews new films of all genres, including documentaries from all around the world.
"A Kenyan in Cannes. History is made. First Kenyan musician to grace the red carpet in 72 years," an ecstatic Kaka conveyed.
The Kenyan rapper joins the likes of Bono, Elton John and Rihanna as some the noteworthy musicians who have strolled down the red carpet at the glamorous film extravaganza.
The highly rated hip hop artist who is the official ambassador of Remy Martin was spotted in a designer tuxedo alongside other worldwide celebrities on the red carpet.
King Kaka only recently released his brand new song Far Away in which he featured international singer/rapper Cassidy.
Kenyans were quick to congratulate the high flying rapper who's meteoric rise has been a source of inspiration to many.
"Make Kenya Proud, I salute you," Caxton tweeted in response to Kaka's latest fete.
In what will go down in the annals of history, the Dundaaing hitmaker was lauded as a trendsetter.
The Cannes Film Festival is one of the "Big Three" global festivals, alongside the Venice Film Festival and Berlin International Film. Festival.
- Nabbed1 October 2020 - 6:38 pm
- RIP1 October 2020 - 6:20 pm
- mass recruitment1 October 2020 - 6:20 pm
- Chaos1 October 2020 - 6:00 pm
- command the road1 October 2020 - 5:46 pm
- out of the box1 October 2020 - 4:42 pm
- latest report1 October 2020 - 3:30 pm
- raid1 October 2020 - 3:50 pm
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Power play1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- facts1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- Listen Up1 October 2020 - 1:57 pm