On Wednesday, reports of the brutal murder of 24-year-old prison warder Pauline Wangari, hit the headlines.
Wangari was found dead with multiple stab wounds on her head and chest, in an incident, investigators believe to have happened on Monday night.
A report by Citizen Digital cited a CCTV footage from the victim's rented house in Kiharu which has provided crucial leads on who the constable was with at the time of her murder.
A middle-aged man with a tattoo on his neck was captured arriving at Wangari's home on Monday at 9pm and left on Tuesday at 3am.
The man was carrying a TV set, the deceased’s large bag and her mobile phone as he left.
"One of One of Ms Wangari’s friends, who watched the footage at DCI offices in Murang'a on Wednesday, says she knows the man as Ms Wangari’s friend," the publication further disclosed.
Wangari's body was discovered in a sad state by her colleagues who broke down her door after she failed to show up for work.
She was found naked, her beddings soaked in blood.
Detectives found a roll of bhang superficially placed between her lips and a kitchen knife clutched in her right hand.
The key suspect remains at large as investigations are still been carried out.
Here is the video courtesy of Daily Nation:
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- Imagego home27 February 2020 - 6:23 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm