A man of Israeli nationality was, on Wednesday, brutally murdered when robbers broke into his house in Trans Nzoia County.
Confirming the incident, Trans Nzoia County Police Commander Ayub Ali revealed that the armed gang raided the foreigner's home at Spring Valley estate and made away with two mobile phones and a 42-inch television set.
He disclosed that Ksh220,000 that had been stashed under a mattress was recovered in a search.
Ali told reporters that the robbers hit Yeshayahu Wooton (43) on his head with a blunt object several times, killing him in the process.
His wife, a medical doctor at Kitale County Referral Hospital was also injured in the attack.
She was rushed to the Referral hospital and is reportedly in a critical condition.
The police boss conveyed that the woman made a distress call when the robbers attacked but no one heard since there was a mourning vigil in the neighbourhood where loud music was being played.
In a separate incident, 24-year-old lady Pauline Wangari was found dead with multiple stab wounds on her head and chest.
She was a prison warder at Murang'a GK prison and questions about her whereabouts started after she failed to show up for work.
Murang'a County Police Commander, Josphat Kinyua on Wednesday stated that Wambui could have been killed on Monday night but her lifeless body was found at her house in Kiharu on Wednesday morning.
“We have started investigations to establish the cause of the death of the prison warder, although, by the look of things, it appears that it could be love gone sour,” Kinyua stated.
In another incident that happened in Namba village in Suna West, Migori County, a man set himself ablaze after his alleged partner travelled to Mombasa to see her ex-lover.
- ejected20 September 2020 - 7:28 am
- Final Decision20 September 2020 - 7:12 am
- generosity19 September 2020 - 8:10 pm
- nabbed19 September 2020 - 7:57 pm
- alternative transport19 September 2020 - 7:20 pm
- not cool19 September 2020 - 6:16 pm
- our bad19 September 2020 - 5:55 pm
- high profile19 September 2020 - 5:23 pm
- on blast19 September 2020 - 4:55 pm
- Partners19 September 2020 - 4:34 pm
- Dangerous19 September 2020 - 4:00 pm
- latest report19 September 2020 - 3:10 pm