Rashid Echesa Arrested
Former Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa was on Friday arrested by Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
According to reports, he was apprehended over the recent killings in Matungu, Kakamega County.
The former CS was taken to Kakamega Police station for questioning.
Additional reports reaching the Kenyans.co.ke news desk indicate that Matungu MP Justus Murunga has been given six hour to report to Kakamega police station.
Earlier in the day, Kakamega Senator Cleophas Malala was nabbed by DCI detectives while in a hotel in Kisumu County.
He is currently detained at Kisumu Central Police Station.
Similarly, Mayoni Ward MCA Libinus Oduor was also arrested over the killings.
The ongoing operation in the area was ordered, on Thursday, when Interior CS Fred Matiang'i visited the area following weeks of attacks that left more than 20 people dead.
Before the arrests, the CS had announced that police were still following what he termed 'crucial leads' linking local politicians and that in a few days, the politicians would be arrested to record statements in relation to the bizarre killings.
After the tour of the area, the CS ordered the deployment of GSU officers in the area in a bid to flash out the criminal elements that had been giving residents sleepless nights.
- 15 September 2019 - 8:23 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 7:21 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:39 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 5:09 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 6:16 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:51 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 4:02 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 3:27 pm
- 15 September 2019 - 2:53 pm