Deputy President William Ruto, on Saturday, waded into the fake gold scandal where he slammed all those involved in the illegal business.
Speaking in Endebess and Saboti constituencies, Ruto told those implicated in the scam not to involve the government in the scandal.
“I tell our brothers in the opposition not to import their bad habits to Jubilee; they should shun engaging in dirty deals, corruption and conning others.
"These people who are political conmen turned business conmen should carry their cross alone," he warned.
Echoing his sentiments, Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu stated that those mentioned in the scandal should bear their own cross.
“They should return the money they falsely obtained from the deal,” he stated warning those mentioned in the scam not to drag president Uhuru's name into it.
He further faulted AU Special Envoy Raila Odinga for terming politicians as corrupt yet his name was brought up in the scandal.
“How can you use the General Service Unit (GSU) to safeguard the home of those involved in the criminal activity?” she posed.
She declared that Matiang'i should step aside to allow for investigations into the matter.
- different path13 August 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Nabbed13 August 2020 - 8:10 pm
- angered13 August 2020 - 7:17 pm
- terror threat13 August 2020 - 7:24 pm
- feted13 August 2020 - 6:38 pm
- The Truth13 August 2020 - 6:44 pm
- crash13 August 2020 - 6:22 pm
- shining13 August 2020 - 5:59 pm
- Overprotected13 August 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Chaos13 August 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Ambition13 August 2020 - 4:36 pm
- Insider13 August 2020 - 4:19 pm